As a Personal Trainer Tom is always looking for fun ways to get people moving. One of these is SkyBall. It is kind of like ultimate frisbee combined with soccer.
- A team will have 5 players on the field at 1 time (there can be more people on a team but only 5 can be in play at a time)
- Ball can be held for no more than 5 seconds then ball is turned over to other team
- When in possession of the ball, player may advance the ball on foot with 3 steps ONLY
- If at anytime the ball touches the ground, possession changes to other team. Intercepting team gets the ball where it lands.
- NO contact with another player
- No tackling, pushing, grabbing, or slapping of the ball
- Penalty of 1 minute per violation, 3 penalties out of game
- When 2 or more players have held of the ball (more of 2 sec) at the same time A jump ball is played – ref. toss into air – ball is batted to opponent
- When possession is taken by the other team at the goal line Ball must be passed to a team member and passed again before a score is made.
- Any ball that goes out-of-bounds is to be put into play at nearest line
- Ball must travel through FRONT of goal cones, either by passing or by someone traveling 3 steps.
- Goal cones are placed at 6’ for 50 yds and smaller or 8’ for larger than 50 yds
This game is a lot of fun and a great way to get some aerobic exercise. All levels of fitness can play this game. I can barely fun for a minute at a time, yet I had a blast. Tom who is much more fit and athletic does great but we both have fun which is the most important part of SkyBall.
The ball, see nice and easy to catch…unless you close your eyes like I do. Tom is great at blocking but I have learned to use my shortness to and advantage and throw under people.
1, 2, 3 steps then you must throw within 5 seconds.
Ball in play.
Another action shot.